Liquid Pond Algae Control
Identifying the growth in your pond is the first step to controlling it. Not all growth is necessarily bad. Some types of pond algae, such as chara, act as filters that keep your pond water clear and clean. In order to control and kill algae, ponds should be treated with apond algaecide several times a season. Our products give you a safe, cost-effective way to maintain algae growth before it takes over your pond. For more information view our Frequently Asked Questions.
Crystal Plex is a liquid copper sulfate solution designed to kill and control algae and some aquatic plants including Hydrilla. Pond algae treatments should be done on actively growing algae and when water temperatures are at least 50F.
- Controls many types of algae like filamentous, chara, and planktonic for a beautiful and safe pond all year long
- Uses our proprietary stabilizers
- Long term algae control
- 100% safe for humans, fish, livestock, pets, birds, swimming and irrigation.
- Not for use in Koi or Trout ponds
- Treat only a third to a half of your pond at a time
- One gallon treats 1 surface acre 1-3 ft deep
- For one acre, mix 1 gallon of Crystal Plex with 10 gallons of water and spray directly on the algae mats.
- Use Plex Mate to enhance effects when treating floating algae mats.